Monday, October 13, 2008

The Rally caused by the Sheep!



Well the target was 9300 and we got there in 1 trading day. That is not normal, but I shall take it. The sheep were running wild today buying up everything. Nothing has change. The market is still sick. I have moved back into cash for the near future. I expect nothing but lower highs and lower lows for the next 2 weeks until lwe have a complete retest down to 8000. Yes 8000. So I thank the sheep today for getting me out at a decent profit.

Starting balance was $2,500.Balance after today is $3,444.50

Here are all the trades that were closed out today.

3 comments:

JHearne said...

Good move. Always better to be lucky than skilled. Doesn't hurt if you can be both.

So, I'd love to hear your thoughts on GE and why it moved atypically with the rest of the market.

Ryan said...

GE is unfortunately a heavyweight when it comes to mutual funds. So when redemptions are hitting the market at the highest levels ever this month, Funds must sell the stock regardless of how it is doing in their portfolio. they sell to rasie capital to meet the demands of sellers. My opinion though. Would I buy it long term. Yes. Would I buy it tomorrow? No. GE is so big it is going to feel it longer than other companies. I prefer the semi chips.

Roger Hutchison said...

Nice results!

I've been studying and trading in options and did a quick study/video on one of the securities in your group (QQQQ) comparing results of a stock trade vs. an option trade.

I posted the results (and the video) on my blog at InvestingDad.com along with the link back to your site for reference.

Have a great week!